Sunday, January 30, 2011

these are a few of my favorite things.



.saturday mornings.
.benson.
.lemonade.





Im sorry. I feel like me and bensons days at home have been a little boring lately. So forgive me for blogging about something as simple as making lemonade. but its amazing and one of my most favorite beverages. So im thinkin it deserves a little love.  I am loving the fact that we have our very own lemon tree in our backyard. This is our second year with fruit. free fruit. i still cant get over that concept. Its like having our very own money tree out back. a money tree which pays us with sweet sweet lemonade.

I woke up Saturday and was craving some of that lemony goodness. So me and bens got our beach bucket and picked us some lemons. It took us a few trips because we decided to clean out the whole tree. We brought our lemons inside and Benson sat on the counter while I cut them all. Of course he had to have his very own half. which he licked and carried around the rest of the morning. The most amazing lemon fragrance soon filled our home. Lemon is one of those scents that just makes me happy. kind of like when I was younger and the scent of Burger King would make me happy. Like that but better. Then we got out the juicer. I turned on some tunes and we danced our hearts out while we juiced. I made sure to show little bens all his momma's best moves, and he did his best to imitate. 

I love moments like this in our day. They seem to happen alot lately. These moments where we are doing something so ordinary, like making lemonade, and we turn it into something else. beyond happy. something so happy it makes my heart hurt. 








5 comments:

  1. I'm a little puzzled to see that "Bryce" didn't make the top 3 in your list...

    I have to admit...it's tough to compete with that little Benson kid. And a good Saturday morning....but lemonade? Wow.

    I actually got to taste that lemonade and I must admit - It was top 3 stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did make some great lemonade! I totally could picture bens carrying around the half lemon and licking it! HAHA loved it! Loved all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. making the small moments memorable is what it is all about-your lemonade was amazing and so are you!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. can I have a sleep over?

    nice vest bens. someone totally cool and stylish who loves you very much must have bought it for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. Thanks for the great reminder of why motherhood is so awesome. It's the little things that so easily get mixed up in the stresses and frustrations of the day if you don't look for them. You're such a good example to me! It will be so easy to be Benson's mother in law.. ha! :cP

    ReplyDelete