Friday, January 14, 2011

there's no reason to cry.



Really I cant complain. Benson is an awesome kid. He never cries at the times I think he should. He doesnt cry when I put him down for bed or naps. He doesnt cry when we leave him with friends or family. He usually doesnt cry when he gets hurt. But...i have noticed that our little benson boy is very sensitive when it comes to food. go figure.

This reminds me of a story about little Bryce that his family once told me. They were at the movies seeing Land Before Time (yes, the first one) so Bryce was pretty young at the time. Around the point in the movie where the mother dinosaur dies, Bryce's dad looked down and noticed that Bryce was crying. He asked him what was wrong. I'm sure he was expecting a question like "why did the dinosaur have to die?" but instead little Bryce with big water filled eyes said...

"i'm out of popcorn."

Go figure. Now I know where my son gets it from.



But really Bens, there is no reason to cry over food...


.there is no reason to cry when you cant reach the last fruit snack squished into the corner of the pack.

.there is no reason to cry when I wont let you have a gogurt EVERY time I open the fridge.

.there is no reason to cry when we wont let you dip ALL of your food into a dipping sauce.

.there is no reason to cry when I wont let you suck on a packet of hot cocoa mix.

.there is no reason to cry whenever I stick your food into the toaster or microwave. Its coming back I promise.


I would like to think that someday he will grow out of all of this. But who am I kidding. Bryce is still sensitive about his movie theatre popcorn.

6 comments:

  1. poor guy. so sensitive that he had to steal popcorn tubs out of the garbage for free refills when he couldn't afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Awesome post Brittney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was growing up, the only time my dad would stop beating me with a belt, was when he stopped to make a sandwich.

    So yeah...I get emotional over sandwiches...

    Nice story though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm I smell somesing.... he is like his mom too
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Boy...we remember that day at the movies like it was yesterday. You are so LUCKY Benson is so easy going except for his love of food, after all he is a GURR. I was a bit disturbed to learn (just last week) that both you and Brandon have dumpster dived for old, used popcorn tubs. I thought I had taught you better then that! No worries Benson, Nana and Papa will always have lots of oreos here for you, so no need for tears! Lots of Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that face! There is no way you could tell that boy "no" to something when he is giving you that puckered lipped face!

    ReplyDelete