Wednesday, January 12, 2011

to kayli. my favorite sister.

But I can remember when you weren't my favorite. I think it was the first 14 years of your life. You were a tattle tale. And a bit annoying. I remember visiting Aunt Pam up in Payson and seeing how much mom loved her only sister. I distinctively remember mom telling me "someday britt you will love Kayli" and then i remember throwing up in my mouth, just a little bit. I remember thinking, its just not possible.

And then it happened. It was your 9th grade year. The year I started to love you. and i haven't stopped since. We became more than sisters over the next many years..we became best friends. When Bryce left on his mission. It was just you and me sister. We hung out. We bonded. We were the closest we have ever been. Eventually Bryce came home and we got married. I still remember hugging you before we headed to the temple. We both cried. We both loved eachother.

And now its your turn. to start a new life with the one you love. I'm grateful that you found eachother. I'm grateful that he fits into our family like a glove. And im grateful that you are both photogenic or else Saturday wouldnt have been nearly as fun.

Here is a sneak peek of your session. Just letting you know that I cried editing a few of them. And I cried writing this post. Thats how much i love you.






































1 comment:

  1. There are sucky things about being a dad. Trimming hedges. Fixing loose shingles on the roof. Telling your children they can’t have pets. But every once in a while you see something that one of your children says, or does, or writes, that simply amazes you. Star Valley, Brittney. Technically, Aunt Pam lived in Star Valley, not Payson.

    But seriously, the rest made me cry.

    That was an awesome post. I enjoyed the words as much as I did the pictures.

    ReplyDelete