Saturday, February 5, 2011

that time we went to mcdonalds.



Apparently I haven't been a mother long enough to know that not ALL Mcdonald's have playplaces. Really? I didnt realize there was another use for Mcdonalds if not to play. Apparently people use it as a restaurant to eat. And thats exactly what me and Bens did yesterday.

We were out running a lot of errands yesterday and benson was fed up. So I figured I would stop by McD's and let the kid play for a while. I got him out of the car and we walked in. I started walking toward the back of the restaurant when i noticed that there was no playplace. oh no. now what. I awkwardly turned around and sure enough the workers had noticed me. now I was stuck. I couldnt just leave. So we decided to stay. And I decided to make that Mcdonalds, with no playplace, as fun as it could be.

I ordered Benson a happy meal.

He got the boy toy, a cool red tonka truck.
(although im pretty sure he would have loved the my little pony as well)

He got french fries instead of apples.

He got chocolate milk instead of plain milk.

He got his own sweet and sour dipping sauce.

And I got a hot fudge sundae, just for fun.

I let him sit like a big boy in the booth across from me.

He was loving it. I was loving it.

He caught me dipping one of his fries into my icecream.

Benson now had to dip every fry into my icecream.

Maybe it wasnt as fun as it could have been. But we had fun.

We had fun that time we went to mcdonalds.

1 comment:

  1. THIS, my dear sweet daughter, is the secret to life.

    Well played.

    ReplyDelete