Friday, February 11, 2011

my little valentine.

Benson has been sick the past few days. Poor kid just isn't himself. Dont get me wrong, I love the snuggle fests we are having. But there are times where he just cries and cries and there is nothing I can do but hold him and sing him a song. I finally decided to take some of my favorite childrens songs that I have been loving lately and make Benson a mix, to help him feel better. Because a good tune can always help me feel better. I burnt them onto cd and we have been listening to it all day. it seems to be lifting his spirits.

 I have come to love these few children's artists the past couple of months. Some songs are upbeat..some songs are slower. Its music that I actually enjoy and its music that is good clean fun for Benson. Its not your normal old mcdonald children's songs...and there sure isnt any kidz bop music on there either. So sit down with your kids and take a listen. Benson loves it...i love it...hope you will too.

Give me a holler if you want a copy for your little valentine.





1. You & Me - Frances England  (favorite song. makes me cry)


2. Its a Big World - Renee & Jeremy


3. Life is Sweet - Rabbit  (fun album. we like to dance to this song)


4. Miracle - Renee & Jeremy  (possibly my favorite children's artists. this song will melt your heart)


5. Best Friends - Frances England


6. Magic - Rabbit


7. Tricycle - Frances England  (because my boy loves his bikes)


8. Jellybean - Rabbit


9. Cookies & Milk - Frances England


10. Night Mantra - Renee & Jeremy  (love.)


11. Sun & Moon - Rabbit


12. Sleepyhead Mommy - Frances England


13. You are my Sunshine - Elizabeth Mitchell  (a classic. one of my favorites to sing to Bens)


You can listen to the songs below.


5 comments:

  1. I want a copy! I've been searching for a good childrens mix for quite some time now!

    Really-- I'll pay you for it!

    Did you know Bare Naked Ladies has a children's cd? It is Weston's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with music around Mack. I hate to admit that a lot of kid music makes me want to bang my head against a wall!! .. so I appreciate the song suggestions! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chels, the goods are on their way!

    Andrea, gave Jess the mix to give to you, hope you got it!

    ReplyDelete