Wednesday, February 23, 2011

a family vacation.


It was almost three years ago when I got off of work on a Friday. My fridays were half days so I got off at noon. I pull into the driveway to find that Bryce was already home, which was odd considering he didnt get off work until 5pm. I walk in the door and Bryce had one of his hats with pieces of paper in it. 

"what is this?" i asked "just pick one" Bryce said.

ooooo I love suprises! I figured he had written down a handful of places to go out to lunch. I pull out a piece of paper and written on it was..."San Diego"
He then said "go get packed..it looks like we are going to San Diego"
So I run around the house, excited as can be, and get everything packed. Bryce hopped onto Priceline, named his own price, and we got a sweet 5 star hotel room in downtown San Diego. And off we went...

Not only do I love going on vacation. I love spontaneous vacations.

This last weekend I had a family shoot cancel for Saturday. It was a three day weekend for Bryce. We had nothing going on.  So i thought, how bout a little family vacation. We have never been on a family vacation just the three of us before. I talked to Bryce and we decided to take Bens to Sea World. We booked some cheap hotels on Priceline on Thursday, and we were on our way to Sea World early Friday morning. 

We got to Sea World around 11, and there was hardly anybody there. It started out sunny and beautiful and then we got a little drizzle towards the end of the day. Benson LOVED sea world. he loved all of the animals. His favorite? I think it was a tie between the dolphins and the native san diego pigeons which he loved to chase around. 











Yes. definitely the best first family vacation ever.

Saturday and Sunday of our little vacation was spent at Newport Beach. Where we ate at all of our favorite places, road our bikes along the beach and took Bensons 18 months portraits (post below).

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Benson is just a doll and I swear him and Dean have all the same clothes. I feel like they would be great buds if we gave them the chance :) Also, are you growing out Benson's hair? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Family Vacation is the "Hot fudge" on the icecream of life.

    (Profound statement? Or ramblings of a choco-holic?)

    Very nice writeup and pics...

    ReplyDelete