Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sorry Bens.

Mom has been busy lately.

I'm sorry I haven't given you the attention you've been wanting.

I'm sorry i haven't taken you to the park in a few days..
Or taken you for a bike ride.

I'm sorry I've been working and not watching what your getting into.

I'm sorry you opened the door to the bathroom and played in the toilet for a while.

I'm sorry that I got scared and mad when I searched the whole house for you and then found you hiding in the closet with the sewing machine.


I'm sorry that I haven't read you books lately
I'm sorry that you have to read to yourself...old birthday cards you found in my closet.


I'm sorry that you got into the laundry room and ate the laundry soap.


I'm sorry that I keep you in pajamas probably longer than I should.



I'm sorry for being a bad mom this last week.
No matter how busy I am. There's no excuse for me not to take a break..
And play in the toilet with you.

7 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahaha! I just laughed and laughed through that whole post! Oh you are the coolest mom! but it is good advice that sometimes you just have to stop and play in the toilet or read a good biethday card! loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean definitely has those jammies and definitely stays in them until the afternoon sometimes. Don't worry, it's normal to have to ignore your children sometimes. At least they find entertaining ways to distract themselves!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great pics and comments Britt! I've also watched Benson turn a closet into an adventureland. But our adventurelands aren't quite as well-stocked as yours seems to be. I'm calling "hoarder" on that closet. The laundry soap pic is pure Benson. And I bet your collection of bday cards is way better than most. (Sorry, I got nothin' to say regarding toilet play). Benson's lucky to have such an awesome mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! You are so funny! Benson can join the club with my girls, The my Mom ignores me club! They can start a support group and have weekly meetings and share stories of what they have done while moms not looking:) But seriously, don't feel guilty. Just make up for it another day! You might as well teach him how to clean the toilet if he is going to play in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have NEVER been a bad mom! A busy Mom but not a bad Mom! Every Mom has many days like the one you had and if they say they didn't they are fibbing!!! And for staying in the P.J.s to long thats just called a GOOD DAY !!! I love the look on Bensons face when he got into the laundry soap WHO ME! Benson is a lucky little boy to have a Mommy and Daddy like you! Lots of love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just cant even get over how funny you are. i dont think you will ever be a bad mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. benson is the cutest boy ive EVER seen. can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete