Monday, November 8, 2010

the land of disney.

It was a little warm. it was a little busy. it was a little magical. it was the best day ever.





I have waited my whole life to be able to take my children to Disneyland. This last weekend we were able to take Benson for the first time! It was a day that, i'm pretty sure, he will remember for the rest of his life :)






Here is a pic of our group. Me Bryce and Benson, Ethan (kayli's boyfriend) Kayli, Brett, Mom, and Brynn.

For those of you who don't know Brynn. Me and Kayli like to think of her as the down syndrome sister we never had. She feels like part of our family. My mom first met her when she worked at Stapley Jr high in the special needs class. Through a program called Respit my mom is able to take care of her during the weekdays when she is done with school. I love the way Benson interacts with Brynn. Almost like he knows something is special about her. He loved Brynn on this trip. At disneyland he sometimes wouldn't want anyone to hold him but her. On our way back to the hotel one night Brynn sang to Benson. She sang a  lullaby song and one of Benson's favorites "I am a child of God." I am getting teary eyed just thinking about that sweet moment.


 back to disneyland

Benson had the time of his life. He loved the rides. His favorite was the rocket ride. He thought they were airplanes which is his favorite thing right now. Poor kid started to cry when he had to get off. His next favorite thing to do was to hold onto the gate and watch the rides go by. I love how simple kids can be. Benson probably would have been the happiest little boy just by watching the rides and pointing at all the balloons as they flew by. This kid ran around disneyland until he couldnt run anymore. and then he slept. he woke up and then picked up right where he left off. 























I would love nothing more than to tell you that Benson loved Mickey Mouse. Yea, sure, he loved Mickey from a distance and wanted to run up and be his best friend. But when that big ol mickey head got close to him he freaked out. And couldn't even keep his eyes off him even for a picture.


What an awesome day I had. When I was younger I used to think the best day at Disneyland was one with no crowds, good weather, and no lines. Something changed. Somewhere down the road I got a husband and the greatest little boy a mother could ask for. And now, the best days at Disneyland, are with them. 


Bryce put together a video for Benson's first time at Disneyland...check it out.


Benson's first trip to Disneyland from Bryce Gurr on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. That was a good read Britt. Reading your blog and watching Bryce's video was MY BEST DAY AT DISNEYLAND TOO!!! Thanks for sharing. -Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun trip. it looked like you guys had a blast! im sure benson had the time of his life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something wrong with this picture!!! We are NOT there! I am soooo JELOUS!!! But also grateful for two great parents of our Honey boy Benson that captures all his fun and sweet moments and then shares them with us!!! I love that he ran up to Buzz with such excitement I would of loved to have seen him!!! Next time its are turn!!! All kidding aside I am happy you guys had a great trip! Love you.Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! I am getting giddy thinking about our trip in a few weeks! It really looked like a blast and a memory you will never forget! Can you come along to ours and just take pictures? Awesome, thanks! Oh and now all you need is another one in your little fam to even out the numbers the next time you go... :)

    ReplyDelete