Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Big One

I told myself that I would start up a family blog when Benson was born...well here I am...one whole year later. Better late then never I guess. This post is for you Benson Boy.

Dang, what an awesome year we have had! Benson has brought this whole new life to our little family. Holidays are more fun. Vacations are more fun. Plain ordinary days are more fun.

I remember being pregnant and trying to imagine what this boy would look like. Chubby, well thats a given, anyone who has seen baby pictures of me can only guess my offspring will be "fluffy" as well. I never imagined having a little blonde haired boy with big o' luscious lips, and blue eyes to match his dads. And long eyelashes to match his dads. This little guy looks so much like Bryce its crazy. Some days I just look at him and try to find me in there somewhere. I guess I can claim the majority of those cute fluffy cheeks!

But I love this boy of mine. I love seeing the ways in which you are just like me:

I love that you are a little grumpy when you wake up...just like me.

I love that your hair gets curly when its wet...just like me.

I love how easy going you are...just like me.

I love that you love to take naps...just like me.

I love that you have to be in the mood to cuddle... just like me. and

I love that you love to take pictures...just like me.

Here are a few favorites from his 1 year portrait session.


















So his one year portrait session was a little more stressful than other portrait sessions we have done with him. He would normally just sit there and smile big for the camera. Oh no. Not anymore. He had to play with the rocks like he had never seen something so amazing before. It felt like me and Bryce had to put on miniature circus acts to try and get him to smile. No Benson...I already have enough pictures of your zoolander lips and you "raising the roof," please just sit and smile. And then we brought out the balloon, what an awesome idea, he's going to love this balloon and smile so nice. He. Hated. That. Balloon. He hated that it was tied to his wrist. And he hated that it followed him everywhere. Stupid Balloon, I don't know what I was thinking. The last set of pictures really captures his feelings of the balloon.

1 comment:

  1. ha so funny.

    I love that he's got those cute little pearly whites! just when you think a kid couldn't get any cuter...

    ReplyDelete